UnTextbook Reading Options



     I am very interested in the Buddha's life and the concepts he talks about. This was the first Unit that caught my attention. 


     I've always seemed to find some interesting stories contained within Chinese folklore in the past. That's what drew me to click on this Unit. I also like how Eastern myths are less cliche than Western myths which tend to be more prevalent and overused in our society. This story also crosses paths with the character in my first chosen unit, the Buddha. 


     I've always wondered "why does nobody ever seem to talk about Russian folklore?" Russian mythology seems to be a blindspot when it comes to retelling stories from around the world. They are very under-featured, so I'm interested in exploring what Russia truly has to offer. Especially since Russia is a place where Eastern and Western cultures combine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethan Kahn Introduction

Week 6 Story: A Documentation of Pre-Flood Earth